Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Day 2


There is little to say about this day other then how will I manage 26 more. This was essentially 10 hours of hard training. The morning started out with a group run, 2 miles in the sand and then 2 miles back on pavement. The Second half of the run I was with someone in a bit better shape (see picture of Fern, a much more accomplished triathlete) and was notching a HR of 165-170 for 20 minutes. I guess my AT on the run is a little higher then I thought. Then came a 30 min abd workout and was challenging, followed immediately by a one hour steady swim. That was the morning. The afternoon started with a bike-hike-bike which sounds pleasant enough. The first bike part was indeed pleasant. Along Venice beach and Santa Monica ending in a 1.5 mile 10% grade hill to the parking lot of the steepest hike I ever did. 1.75 miles up, and it was an intense grade and the jog down, get back on the bike and head back to the camp. Snarf a meal and go to boot camp until 700 PM. I was done before boot camp started, but it was a merciless 60 min of jogging and SCW and I was ready to quit. Tomorrow is a little easier, but today just about got me on a plane home.

No comments: