Sunday, March 9, 2008

End of First Week







Overall this was a fairly brutal week where I was perpetually tired and sore and still am. For me, Saturday was kind of a rest day since my injured hamstring kept me from the super intense stuff the camp was doing and I really did a lot of Zone 2 work. Sunday is a supposed to be a light day, but I did the bike-hike-hike-bike as a nice weekend training session. I and the group you see pictured rode the 11 miles past Venice Beach and Santa Monica and climbed the mountain at the end of the ride, these are the views seen in the picture (unfortunately a smoggy day). One guy and I did the hike twice and it was fairly brutal. Week two coming up. Weight in and measurements tomorrow. It is obvious who the two trainers are and who the two campers, but each of them have lost around 35 pounds and, despite me being a lightweight compared to most of these guys, they are easily as fast as me up these hills (and they are 25 years younger), but by the end of my four weeks they won't even be close.

No comments: